Thread: Hello All

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello All

Hello to everybody-since you all are here surely you all are enlightened citizens. RTI is the most potent law ever made. I have used it. I lost my nephew in Kargil in 2003. He was a Captain in the Indian Army and died in an encounter with Pak soldiers. Punjab govt promised to give job to one of the family members but two years down the line never intimated the result of an interview that they conducted for this young hero's sister. All querries were never replied as it happens in wild west state of Punjab. There are many politcians in the family but they of little help. I filed an application under the RTI and got all the data. The girl had been given a job by the high powered committee in a dept of punjab but despite two stern reminders by the chief secy of punjab the said deptt was not giving the aptt letter to the girl.I got all the copies of the internal correspondence.I filed another rti application to the concerned deptt but they did not reply. I filed complaint to the SIC but he has not replied. Can someone tell me how can I now appch the CIC

› Find content similar to: Hello All

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Hello All

Beant,

Very sad to hear such things happen.

In your case, only the SIC can be approached for a second appeal. The CIC only covers central ministries and departments. If the department concerned belongs to Punjab, then SIC is the only avenue available.

Can I ask you when you submitted your 2nd appeal to the SIC, what did you state therein and also request you to please check all your correspondance to see if you have used the correct procedure for 2nd appeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Hello All

Dear Beant,
    You can get the details about the State Information Commissioner of Punjab from this website;

SICP

You can file an appeal with the SIC about the non furnishing of information by the Concerned Department. Our Community will be there for any help and support.

Best Wishes.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android