Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

1. Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

I am looking for a database that will make available all the decisions of CIC and State CIC's. In case of CIC all the decisions have been posted at its website. This information is not available for the decisions of State CIC's. Any suggestions to get this information!!!

2. Re: Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

You would be interested in following and participating in this thread.
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/site-f...ation-act.html

3. Re: Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

I have visited the thread referred by you. My basic question is of the availability of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's. These are not readily available.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

The CIC website (CIC) has a searchable data base.
    I have used it often and it is working to satisfaction.

However, various SIC's websites do not have a search function.
    Also, most SIC websites are not updated regularly. Some have decisions/orders of March 2007 posted as "latest" decisions.
    It will be useful to put all decisions of the SIC's also in a searchable database.

If data is not available on the websites, the only other way to collect it, is to visit the SIC's personally and see whether soft copies of decisions are available. It will then be easy to upload them on to the database.

5. Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

I am aware that CIC's website has a searchable database. I do not haev an issue with the decisions of CICs. Your suggestion to visit each SCIC for information in digital format is not viable. Another issue is that the decision of some of the SCIC's are in local language. How will you mange that?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Maybe we can seek volunteers from amoungst the mebers of this forum, in each state, who can collect the soft copies from SIC's.
    There is a need to post the decision in its original language as well as the translation in English (for easy searchability).
    Can't think of any other way to get the SIC orders.

7. Re: Database of the decisions of CIC and State CIC's

Can we not invoke Section 4[1] of RTI ACt 2005 for SCIC?

Another suggestion:
    can we request CIC to collect all decisions of SICs for each quarter and bring it as a regular publication as AIR etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android