Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where to go next?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Where to go next?

pvrai,

The undersecretary sent back the 2nd appeal because of incorrect format.
    Please send him a email.
    I sent him a email about two contradictory orders from CIC, and he replied with complete clarification !
    PVrai, which world are you living in ?
    I was told just yesterday by "third-in-line" of SC Railway that EQ quota is not even being released to "one's own father" (quoting ad-verbatim)...you think these people will do favours to anyone ? Forget it.
    By the way, if you go to your local MP or MLA to request for a recommendation letter for EQ, they charge for it.

Last edited by karira; 15-06-07 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction

2. Re: Where to go next?

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    I was told just yesterday by "third-in-line" of SC Railway that EQ quota is not even being released to "one's own father" (quoting ad-verbatim)...you think these people will do favours to anyone ? Forget it.
    By the way, if you go to your local MP or MLA to request for a recommendation letter for EQ, they charge for it.
    Karira, there are certain guidelines and procedures to be followed for release of the EQ. For example a student with a hall ticket, who has to appear for an interview, is given first preference. Followed by somebody who to undergo an emergency operation, interview with Govt. Deptt. or even a Foreign Embassy for visa etc. Railway Deptt. are co-operative in this regard. You clearly have to specify whats the emergency in your request application which is to be handed over at least a day earlier. In some cases, like death of family members etc. they consider it even at short notice.

MP / MLA have a different quota, either called Higher Officer or Parliament House Quota. Not all of them(MP/MLAs) charge for it. Some local MPs do in on a daily basis free ;-)

In a way, the railways are slightly more transparent than other similarly placed Government Deptts. Dont they put up the entire passenger list for every one to see? They preserve the charts for six months. So even if you want to see these list or take copies, they provide them readily. Currently the Upgradation Passenger Scheme Chart is available on the Indian railway's website. I suppose, very soon, they will be putting up the entire passenger list on the site.

Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Manoj,

I am sorry.
    I disagree with you completely and want to join issue about this.
    In India, norms, guidelines, procedures are for the gullible people to believe that all is "hunky dory". They are NOT to be followed by the government.
    Please give me your snail mail address. I will mail you a blank and signed letter from a MP for EQ Railway reservation , you only need to fill in the personal and journey details before approaching the EQ cell in any railway zone.
    Manoj, these are all ways and means for our leaders to keep their flock by passing out handouts and also make money.

The railways are indeed more transparent than others as far as the reservation sytem is concerned. I am in no position to comment about tenders, purchases and other areas. In fact, I think that their "tatkal" scheme should be extended to ALL Government departments. If you want to get your work done faster, why pay a bribe to a government servant, why not pay the Government this "extra" amount and get your work done faster.
    Even Maruti had a "tatkal" scheme where you paid the "black" amount officially to Maruti and you got immediate allotment. At least, if you pay the government, you know that a small percentage of this comes back to you !

4. Re: Where to go next?

ref : Your letter D.No.IC(k)-2287 dated: 25.1.07

I had resubmitted the appeal in 4 copies and proper format, as directed by your above referred letter, through my letter dated: 13th Feb, 2007 (copies enclosed as attachment). I have not even received an acknowledgment of the same. I had lost all hopes as my case doesn't even appear in the registered list on your website.But one of the RTI forums asked me to approach you through this email address. Hence, I request you to kindly convey the latest status of my case.

Regards

P. V Rai

5. Re: Where to go next?

The above email has been sent to - pkp.shreyaskar@nic.in

Last edited by maneesh; 06-01-08 at 12:53 PM. Reason: email

6. Re: Where to go next?

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Please give me your snail mail address. I will mail you a blank and signed letter from a MP for EQ Railway reservation , you only need to fill in the personal and journey details before approaching the EQ cell in any railway zone.

The railways are indeed more transparent than others as far as the reservation sytem is concerned. I am in no position to comment about tenders, purchases and other areas. In fact, I think that their "tatkal" scheme should be extended to ALL Government departments. If you want to get your work done faster, why pay a bribe to a government servant, why not pay the Government this "extra" amount and get your work done faster.
    Karira,

Some such blank forms signed by MPs are freely available at the paan shops, just outside the railway station in major cities. Once, we had pick up a big bunch and handed over entire lot of blank forms to the PRO of the same railway station

Looks like the blokes at the Indian Railway read your earlier post. There is a move to scrap the EQ now.

P V Rai, I did a search on the CIC site. Though there is no entry of PV Rai, but there is one on V P Rai, beaing number CIC/OK/A/2007/00550, received on 16th March, 07 and address @ a Vijaynagar East, Bangalore. The PIO is Adl. Div. Railway Manager, Bangalore. Could this be yours?

Please check at following link after entering Rai in the name of appellant option.

Central Information Commission - Action Status

Best wishes

Manoj

7. Re: Where to go next?

Right, that's my appeal !!

My apologies to everybody.

I was entering in Name of CPIO/App Authority/Orgn Railways. This never threw up my appeal. My mistake definitely !

My confidence in state machinery to deliver is restored.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

pvrai,

Very good !
    Please follow up on your appeal and share the outcome with this forum.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android