Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Where to go next?

The full decision of the CIC is attached.

› Find content similar to: Where to go next?

Attached Images Attached Images

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Karira,
    I went through the attached decision. How the astronomical sum of more than Rs.5000/- demanded by the PIO for providing the information and confirmed by his superior authority gets mentioned as only Rs.50/- in the final hearing before the CIC? I have a feeling that some cheap trick has been played on PV Rai by utilising his absence during the CIC hearing.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Ganpat,

That is why I was waiting all this time for the formal decision to be put up on the CIC website.

pvrai,

Can you please scan and upload all the correspondence you have.
    Alternatively, can I send you my snail mail (postal) address by pm or email (please mention which you prefer) so that I can have a look and also scan it and put it up. I think this is a fit case for asking CIC for a review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry,

I didn't see your reply. I saw it today only. (22.12.07)

Can I have your address, I will post all the correspondence to you. Give me your email address too.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Sent all the contact details to you by email.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have sent the copies and forwarded the email. Best of luck!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Mr rai have you requested information for one day or for a period??

I understand it is all result of popular policy of Govt. They are forced not to raise the base fares of the trains. The fairs are ridiculously low, I can say about the place where i live. It takes just 75 Rs in Railways to do a journey of more than 300 Km in general class. Where as in Bus you have to shell out around Rs. 200.
    It is not fashionable to increase fare in Railways budgets and you are also required to increase the number of trains and you have to increase the number of stops of the scheduled trains. I wonder what option are there.

The tatkal has become a norm. They day are not far where more that 50% ticket will be on tatkal and you can book 10 days in advance from 5.

You might have a super tatkal for just 24 hours before.

Let watch and enjoy
    Last edited by maneesh; 06-01-08 at 01:03 PM.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Maneesh,

Whether for a day or for a period, Rs 5000.00 for the arrival/departure times of this train at ALL stations is too much ! At 100 CD's, we are talking about 64GB of information/data. Just to put this in perspective, this is 75% as big as my Hard Disk Drive....80 GB and I can assure you I have all kinds of junk stored on my personal machine.

I am personally interested in this issue because I used to travel by this train very often (before the advent of Low Cost Carriers) and this train NEVER arrived on time in Banaglore. The earliest I have ever arrived at is 90 minutes late and the latest was 320 minutes late.

After all this, if the Railways decide to convert such a train to SUPERFAST category, they better have a good enough reason to do so. The fact that the passengers like P V Rai are still complaining is because, this train is even more late after it has become SUPERFAST.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast