Welcome to A.I.D's Right to Information Page
<TABLE class=blog cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">RTI info </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
Dear AIDers/ NRIs,
Good news from the AID Anti-Corruption Team. Due to sustained efforts by ACT volunteers, Indian Embassy in Washington DC has implemented RTI and it now comes under full purview of RTI act, 2005. Please spread the NEWS!
What this means to you?
- You don't have to pay bribes anymore to get your work done in India. There is an easier, cleaner and legal way - File an RTI application!
- You can seek any information on Government functioning from US.
- Your thirst for information will be quenched.
Who can do it?
- Any Indian citizen with valid Indian passport can file a RTI application in Indian Embassy.
Can I file an application?
Ofcourse, all of us can file application. In fact, every one should file because:
- Filing RTI application is easier than your primary school "As I am suffering from..." leave letter.
Indian Embassy will automatically transfer your application to concerned department if the information you are asking is not pertaining to them. You will get your response with in 35 days or you can file an appeal to Appellate Authority[AA] and later to Chief Information Commissioner [CIC].
- Simple & straightforward procedure empowers you to file as many applications
How to file an application?
Here are the steps:
1. Make the application:
All you need is one plain sheet of paper. You can type or hand-write your application with all the questions you want to ask, Address it to the PIO and sign underneath [yeah, that is all]. You can ask multiple question in same application. Please look at some sample application
Few things to note:
- Mention that you are exercising your right under RTI 2005
- Attach your passport first page copy
- Frame the questions to best of your understanding as "precise" answers depend on precise questions questions.
2. Attach personal check for 24 Cents [equivalent to Rs. 10] and mention in your application that you have attached it. Checks should be made to favoring " Embassy of India, Washington DC".
Send te application and the check attched to:
The Public Information Officer,
2107 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
USA - 20008
[Our volunteers are also working with different Indian consulates in US as well to collecting information on their implementation]
3. * Give your return address where they can respond *
Please contact Anti-Corruption Team if you have any questions:
ACT - rti-team(at)aidindia.org
Arun Gopalan – garun1279(at)gmail.com
Vishal Kudchadkar – vishalk(at)gmail
Save RTI Campaign - Home