Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

1. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Got a response from passport office on 27/12/2007 for the delay in the passport. This is what they have told us:

"Please refer to your application on the subject cited above. Your application for grant of passport facilites received vide No E/.... on 20/02/2007. The case was referred to passport office, bhopal commissioner of police, hyderabad and bangalore on 21/02/207.
    Police filed verification report from Dy. Commissioner of police, cyberabad, hyderabad, received for the period of 8 months on 10/03/2007.
    Reminder was issued to passport office bhopal and commissioner of police, Bangalore on 14/03/2007
    Final reminder was issued to passport office bhopal and commissioner of police, bangalore on 30/10/2007 giving time period to reply. Since no reply was received from passport office, bhopal and commissioner of police, bangalore, the passport facilities were granted presuming their no objection and the passport no G.... issued and dispatchd on 04/12/2007"

We are filing a first appeal today to ask the exact rules for how long they are supposed to wait in such cases (of no reply from other passport offices/police) and also provide documentary evidence for the same.

Also, we had applied for statistics on the average time taken for issue of passport etc for which they had not replied.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks again for a great forum, I hope to contribute my bit over time.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

mgopik,

File for First Appeal for:

1. Supply of all information which is incomplete
    2. Supply of information which is not given upto now
    3. Ask in your "plea" or "prayer" that the PIO should be warned to reply to ALL RTI applications in full and correctly.

The following decisions of the CIC will be of help to you:
    https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_03122007_66.pdf
    (normal citizen not to be harassed for issuing passport)
    https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_03122007_45.pdf
    (passport office mixing up issues...giving a passport and replying to RTI application...both have to be done)

3. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

karira..

thanks for the links. I have already sent the appeal (by post) asking them to reply to all the unaswered questions.

Shall update when I get a response (/ when I file a second appeal)

4. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

thanks for the links.
    I filed for first appeal few days back. Will keep you posted on the outcome

5. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Karira,

None of the links that you have mentioned are working. I get an error meesage saying "Page cannot be found".

-RIshikesh

6. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Quote Originally Posted by rishikesh View Post
    Karira,

None of the links that you have mentioned are working. I get an error meesage saying "Page cannot be found".

-RIshikesh
    Rishikesh,
    I presume that you are refering to the links on CIC decisions provided by Karira. They are working well and I am able to open them. Ensure if there is no pop up blocker in your browser; if so disable it and then open the links.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Quote Originally Posted by rishikesh View Post
    Karira,

-RIshikesh
    I think you are referring to internal links to other forum threads/pages. There seems to be some problem with them. I am also getting the same 404 error.
    Just do a search for "passport" and you will get all threads.
    External links are working fine.

8. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

The links have been updated. We had changed URL policy sometimes back which removed the name of the forum from the URL. I had removed the forum names from the internal links and now they are working fine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android