Topic Identifier

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

1. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

mgopik,

could you please attach your original rti application.

because i feel u need to move to second appeal.

2. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Regional passport officer, Hyderabad.

Same port nos given to two individuals

As Advised by mr. Karira. i have resubmitted my application on the above subject along with rs. 10 Postal order by registered post ack due. today ie. 28.3.09 along with news paper cutting on the letter to editor of urdu dail dt. 24.3.09 for immediate action as per RTI

Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Quote Originally Posted by mgopik View Post
    Dear all..

After a lot of waiting, I finally decided to apply for the details on non issuance of passport using RTI.

Passport renewal applied on : Feb 2007
    Fed up and gave RTI appln on : 27th nov 2007 (waited for more than 9 months)
    Received passport on : 6th Dec 2007 (yes, received within 10 days of applying for info under RTI)

Some details on applying for info on RTI:
    1. One can submit RTI applications for information on any of the central government agencies in (designated)post offices.
    2. In hyderabad, GPO in abids is a designated post office.
    3. One has to go to the first floor and submit the application there.
    4. The person will ask you to pay 10/- for which you get a receipt.
    5. You will be given an acknowledgement by the person accepting the application (they are extremely friendly). They even sent one more acknowledgement by post.
    6. Please note that post office is just forwarding the application. But this is very useful when dealing with passport office in hyderabad as you will have to wait in queues for hours before you can potentially get to the PIO there (nobody even talks to you there. I couldnt figure out where the PIO sits. It is just a guess that PRO accepts RTI applns. I wasted one full day trying to see how I can give RTI appln).
    7. So, post office is a boon. Just takes 20 mins.
    Would like to say thanks to everybody on this forum who gave info and suggestions. I used the template given here for writing my appln.

I had seen many people (including senior citizens) waiting in front of passport office trying to meet some official who can give them info on their passports. Hopefully, they will get to know of RTI, use it and get their passports.

[will share my experience on roads and streetlights using RTI in another post]

ps: I am yet to receive the response from passport office on the reasons for delay.

"
    One can submit RTI applications for information on any of the central government agencies in (designated)post offices"

How Can I get list of this designated post offices in Mumbai region?Airport post office?

4. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

congradulation... yes RTI works. thanks to GOI for RTI Act 2005. it is wonderful tool to set them right.
    mfs

5. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Quote Originally Posted by indulkarshailu View Post
    "
    One can submit RTI applications for information on any of the central government agencies in (designated)post offices"

How Can I get list of this designated post offices in Mumbai region?Airport post office?
    Dear Shailu

Please see: Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site

regards

Thanks for info,
    Its better to send by post instead of going all the way to GPO mumbai,wonder how many application they are getting .
    ManyThanks

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by indulkarshailu View Post
    Its better to send by post instead of going all the way to GPO mumbai,wonder how many application they are getting .
    You can file a RTI application with the CPIO of the GPO and ask for this information.

Once you have this information and if it is a small number only, you can then write to the Postal Department, DoPT, etc. that although the facility provided is commendable, it is impractical since for a big city like Mumbai, there is only one designated post office for submitting RTI applications.

Someone will take note of your suggestions/complaints.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

As per RTI Act the PIO should furnish information sought by the public within 30 days of submitting the application. As the information provided that Reminder has been issued to Passport office Bhopal and commissioner of police, Bangalore on 14/03/07 and firnal reminder issued ot Passport office Bhopal and commissioner of Police, bangalore on 14/03/07, the above mentioned case will be taken a note on filing the appeal to CIC. The department is duty bound to furnish the information sought by the applicant as well as the commission within 15 days in your case the saga keeps on stretching. So, it is suggested to file complaint to the Central Information commission highlighting all points.
    It is astonishing whether the efforts will continue to be made and there is no responsbility of the officials to take action on the letters and applications received.
    Make a Chronological chart. Specify all the events from day one and file complaint with CIC.

Rajneesh madhok,
    B-xxx/63, nehru nagar,
    St. No. 2, Railway Road,
    Phagwara-144401 (Pb)
    Reminder was issued to passport office bhopal and commissioner of police, Bangalore on 14/03/2007
    Final reminder was issued to passport office bhopal and commissioner of police, bangalore on 30/10/2007 giving time period to reply. Since no reply was received from passport office, bhopal and commissioner of police, bangalore,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android