Topic Identifier

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

1. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

I have submitted an application as per RTI act to the Visakhapatnam Passport Office as the passport was not issued for more than 8 months. I have affixed a Rs10/- Court Fee stamp.

The Asst. Public Information Officer (P.S.Rao) has replied that the court fee stamp is not acceptable and therefore he is unable to treat the application under RTI Act 2005.

Kindly let me know if court fee stamp of Rs10/- is acceptable or not and please guide me on the necessary action that I should follow.

Thanks
    Vikram

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

Quote Originally Posted by vikramvu View Post
    Kindly let me know if court fee stamp of Rs10/- is acceptable or not and please guide me on the necessary action that I should follow.
    Vikram
    The PIO is correct.
    Court Fee stamp is not a valid mode of payment of application fee for RTI application to passport office.

The passport office is a public authority under the central government and therefore the Central RTI Rules and Fees are applicable. Please read those rules in the guide section:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/guide/index.php
    Twitter: @cjkarira

3. Re: RTI to Hyderabad passport office

MOHAMMED MUNEERUDDIN
    File No. HYDA06592110
    I have applied for a passport on 03.11.10. That the police enquiry was conducted in 2010 I did
    Not receive my passport even after 1-year .
    My status showing (It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has
    been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time)

i went to pay adalat on 11/1/12
    reason for delay is PPS call for explanation
    can anybody tell what is PPS and how to submit it

replay to my email id [xxx@yyy.zzz - Deleted email id - posting against forum rules

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android