Topic Identifier

Thread: asking for a book on rti

1. asking for a book on rti

Respected;
    I want to know about the nitty gritty of applications of rti and its various diversification.
    can any one suggest a book available easily in stores or online.

2. You can check up the complete Act at our FAQ and the important questions.

As far as I know most of the books which have come out are more towards the legal side comparing with official secret Act, constitution of India and other related legal angles.

Ask for RTI support forum will help you get the complete depth, as we have officers well read about the Act and they are using it in their field.

May be Kushal/Maneesh would be able to throw more light in this issue.

3. I have also not read book, but the one I have for consulting is:

• 'Right to Infomation and Law' by Justice P.S.Narayana & Dr. G.B.Reddy.
    • The publisher is: Gogoia Law Agency, Hyderabad.
    • Costing: Rs. 450/-

4. Quote Originally Posted by Deepak kumar View Post
    Respected;
    I want to know about the nitty gritty of applications of rti and its various diversification.
    can any one suggest a book available easily in stores or online.
    It is said the best way of learning law is to read the bare act and judgements. My advise is please visit this portal or CIC website CIC for judgements and bare act.

All books and literature is based on these only. If you have any specifc question we would be happy to find answers of it with you.

Thanx awadesh for reposing trust in us.

5. Re: asking for a book on rti

Hi Deepak

If you are Delhi based then you can get the book by one NGO who works on RTI. The details are as follows

"KABIR" - Communication Initiative on RTI
    E-109, Indraprastha Building
    Pandav Nagar
    New Delhi-92

The book is of Rs 20/- only contains samples of how to file a RTI against different problems.

6. Re: asking for a book on rti

Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    It is said the best way of learning law is to read the bare act and judgements. My advise is please visit this portal or CIC website CIC for judgements and bare act.

Thanx awadesh for reposing trust in us.
    I would back Maneesh 100%. Its no point spending your valuable money on books. Its ok if the book costs less than Rs.100/- otherwise its a waste of money.

There are several decisions of CIC where the respondent PA had consulted the book and had gotten into trouble. In another case an appellent had phrases the appeal as given in the book and that too went against him.

So best is to do as Maneesh had advised.

Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: asking for a book on rti

The book suggested by Kushal is good, because it has detailed explanations for the layman for each part of the act. I also use it often.
    If you are comfortable with the Internet and Forums, then use the Online Act and this forum.
    Much easier to copy/paste rather than photocopy and make handwritten notes.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android