Driving license (details procedure about issue of new license and duplicate in case of lost/theft etc)
by, 06-04-17 at 07:39 PM (44114 Views)
DRIVING LICENSEAIM OF BLOG: As certain people of this forum have doubt about issues related to Driving License. This blog will be helpful for them to a great extent. In this blog one will get the procedure for the following details:
(a) ISSUE OF NEW DRIVING LICENSE
(b) ISSUE OF DUPLICATE IN CASE OF LOSS/THEFT ETC
Form for Driving License
Form 1. = Self-declaration of Medical fitness.
Form 1A = Medical certificate (Required in case of commercial license) .
Form 2. = Application for learner license with passport size photograph.
Form 3. = Learner License form with
Form 4. = Form for Permanent Licence
Form 9. = Renewal of Driving license
Form 4A = Form of application for international licence
Form LLD = Form Of Loss Or Destruction Of Licence
ISSUE OF NEW DRIVING LICENSE
The person who wants a driving license is required to apply in the prescribed Form. The applicant is required to pass computer /written (varies from state to state) as well as driving test in order to get a license.
- An applicant is required to obtain a learning license in order to get new driving license.
- An applicant is required to apply in Form No.2/4 for the purpose of both learning as well as driving license, Medical Certificate in Form No.1 (A) is also required to be attached. In case a person wants to obtain driving license for transport goods vehicle.
- A person should have completed 16 years to obtain license for 2 wheelers without gear.
- A person should have completed 18 years age to obtain license for 2 wheelers with gear, Motor-car, Tractor and other non-transport vehicles.
- For transport vehicles, a person should have completed 20 years of age. In addition he should be passed standard 8th pass and should have experience of 1 year driving a light motor vehicle.
(a)Proof of Age
School Leaving Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Pan Card, L.I.C. Policy or a Certificate from Civil Surgeon or a Doctor equivalent to that can be submitted as a proof of age.
(b)Proof of Address
School Leaving Certificate, Passport, L.I.C. Policy, Electoral Voter I-Card, Light Bill,
Telephone Bill, receipt of House Tax with address, Pay Slip of Central/State/Local self
Government or an Affidavit from the applicant to that effect can be submitted as the proof for
(c) Passport size photo
(d) Any other document(s) as prescribed by your state.
- Fee varies from state to state.
Rules while learning or training
(a) The Learner’s licence is valid up to 06 month only. It is issued to learn driving of Motor Vehicles.
(b) Paste or paint a ‘L’ sign at the back and front of your vehicle in red, on a white background and the second is that you must at all times be accompanied by a person holding a regular licence.
(c)If you are learning how to drive a two-wheeler, you cannot carry any other person on the pillion except your instructor.
Eligibility for permanent licence
- You should have a valid learner licence.
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learner licence.
- You should be conversant about the vehicle systems, driving, traffic rules & regulations
- Permanent driving licence is issued for 20 years or 50 years of age whichever is earlier.
ISSUE OF DUPLICATE LICENCE IN CASE OF LOSS, THEFT OR ON MUTILATION
It is recommend you to keep the photocopy of your licence safe, particulars of licence noted with you so that you may not face troubles in case of loss/theft.
** For duplicate licence you have to approach the issuing authority of old license .If one has forgetten his/her old licence number then it is easier to locate about your licence particulars from the record/database kept with RTO. Visit the RTO with following documents. The particulars will be verified from their records and you can get your old Driving License details.
**It is advisable to go ahead for fresh licence instead of duplicate of licence in case of loss/theft . Because if you go for old licence then the validity of licence will be as the old one.
Documents required :
- Application Form LLD(Loss Or Destruction Of Licence)
- FIR/ loss report of licence
- Challan clearance report from Traffic Police (in case of Commercial licence renewal).
- Fee varies from state to state.
- Form No 1.Self Declaration of Physical Fitness.
- Address Proof.
- Proof of Age.
- Passport size photo
Note:- All photo copies to be attested by Gazetted Officer or Notary Public.
**You have to be available at RTO for photograph and biometric recording (iris and thumb impression)
**If your licence is lost and expired by more than 6 months your case requires permission from Head Quarter of Transport Department.
If an accident occurs after the expiry of your Driving Licence, the Insurance Company will not provide the compensation and you will also be at fault in the Eyes of the Law.
1. Various Forms
NOTE: FORMAT OF APPLICATION FORMS MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE
RTI India Message
Total Trackbacks 0